(약 4:15-17) FINDING YOUR STORY 주의 이야기 찾기 > 말씀과삶

본문 바로가기

말씀과삶

March 09, 2023 . OCH (약 4:15-17) FINDING YOUR STORY 주의 이야기 찾기

본문

You ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." ㅡ James 4:15 

너희가 도리어 말하기를, "주의 뜻이면 우리가 살기도 하고 이것이나 저것을 하리라" 할 것이거늘 (약 4:15) 

Deep inside each of us is a powerful desire to have a good life story. When our days on earth are completed, most of us want to be remembered warmly and with respect, as people who lived wisely and finished well - and maybe even prospered by God's blessing.  

우리 각자는 마음 속 깊이, 좋은 인생 이야기를 소유하고픈 강한욕구가 있습니다. 이 땅의 생을 마감할 때, 우리 대부분은 지혜롭게 살아간 사람, 마무리를 잘 맺은 사람, 또한 따스하고 존경스런 사람으로 기억되기를 원합니다. 게다가 하나님의 복으로 번창했으면 할 것입니다.    

But sometimes that desire can morph into a sense that we know where God's story line for our lives ought to go.

그러나 때때로 그러한 욕구는 우리 인생에서, 하나님의 이야기가 어디로 향해 가야 하는지를 우리가 알고 있다는 감각으로 이어질 수 있습니다. 

We can see that in our one-directional prayers: "God, please help things in my life go this way!" We pray earnestly that God will provide us with a certain job or bring a certain blessing to our family, because deep down we're pretty sure we know what would be best.

우리는 일방적인 기도 중에서 그러한 현상을 볼 수 있습니다. "하나님, 내 생의 만사가 이 방향으로 가게 도와 주옵소서!" 우리는 하나님께서 확실한 직업을 주시거나 우리 가정에 확실한 복을 주시기를 간절히 기도합니다. 그렇게 기도하는 이유를 깊이 들여다보면, 우리는 무엇이 최선인지를 안다고 꽤나 확신합니다.

I find that I can easily become distracted by a mistaken sense of where I think my story ought to go. You can see evidence of that in the way I pray: "Lord, please help this opportunity to work out!" Or, Lord, please make sure that kind of crisis or trouble doesn't happen to me!"

내 인생 이야기가 어디로 향하여야 하는지에 관한 잘못된 감각으로 쉬 산만해질 수 있는 내 자신을 나는 발견하게 됩니다. 여러분은 내가 기도하는 방식에서 그 증거를 찾을 수 있습니다. "주여, 이번 기회를 잘 잡게 도와 주옵소서." 혹은"주여, 그러한 종류의 위기나 어려움이 내게 임하지 않도록 꼭 해 주옵소서." 

God doesn't promise to grant all of our requests. But he does promise that in all things he will work for our good, even if we can't see at the time.

하나님은 우리의 모든 간구를 들어주신다 약속하지 않습니다. 그러나 비록그 당시 우리가 볼 수 없다해도, 하나님은 모든 것이 합력하여 우리의 선을 이룰 것을 약속하십니다.  

Discovering this truth is slowly helping me learn to pray differently: "Lord, please make sure my story leads in the direction you want it to go!"

이 진리를 발견하게 되면서 나는 서서히 다른 방식으로 기도하기를 배우게 됩니다. "주여, 주께서 원하시는 방향으로 내 이야기를 분명히 이끌어 주옵소서." 

PRAY (기도)

God, you know best. Forgive us for trying to write our stories for you. May we trust that your plan for us is the best one. Amen.

하나님, 주는 최선을 아십니다. 주를 위하여 내 이야기를 스스로 쓰려한 것을 용서하여 주옵소서. 우리를 위한 주의 계획이 최선임을 신뢰하게 하옵소서. 아멘.